About One Young World
One Young World is the global community for young leaders. We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges. The annual One Young World Summit convenes young leaders from 190+ countries to connect, share learnings and receive mentorship from world-renowned political, business and humanitarian leaders. The young leaders return to their communities as One Young World Ambassadors with the connections, insights and motivation to increase their social impact, accessing the global community of 17,000+ young leaders and a range of development opportunities.
About the China-United States Exchange Foundation
The China-United States Exchange Foundation (CUSEF) is a Hong Kong-based non-profit that seeks to build trust, facilitate exchange, and advance understanding between the world’s two largest economies. CUSEF has a long commitment to youth and education, bringing more than 2,000 American students to China, including 800 from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Founded in 2008, it is celebrating its 15th anniversary by inviting global youth to apply for the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship to accelerate progress on the SDGs.
One Young World 2024 Montréal
The next One Young World Summit will take place in Montréal, Canada, in 2024. Montréal is a vibrant and multicultural city, known for its rich history, culture, and innovation. It is also home to many global organizations, such as the United Nations, UNESCO, and the International Civil Aviation Organization. Montréal is the perfect place to host the One Young World Summit, as it offers a diverse and inspiring environment for young leaders to connect, learn, and collaborate.
Indigenous Youth Day
One Young World will organise an Indigenous Youth Day before the Summit in Montréal in 2024. This event will bring together young Indigenous and First Nation leaders worldwide to share their experiences, learn from each other, and engage with other One Young World Delegates. The Indigenous Youth Day will reflect the cultural diversity and traditions of the host nation and provide a platform for Indigenous and First Nation youth to showcase their cultures and traditions. One Young World will be extending its Global Consultation Process to feature an additional consultation with Indigenous Youth and the Indigenous Council on which issues they wish to see discussed at the One Young World Summit in Montréal and what the Plenary themes.
Our Global Summit
The One Young World Opening Ceremony is the official kick-off of the Summit, where delegates are welcomed by the host city and the One Young World Counsellors, who are influential leaders from various fields. The Opening Ceremony in 2024 will take place at the iconic Bell Centre, the largest ice hockey arena in the world and the home of the Montréal Canadiens of the National Hockey League. It is located in the heart of downtown Montréal and is known for its state-of-the-art production technology making it an ideal place to showcase the talent and diversity of the One Young World community. The Opening Ceremony will feature a spectacular show with live music, performances, speeches, and a flag parade, where delegates will proudly represent their countries and regions.
The summit will take place at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal. The Palais des Congrès is a carbon-neutral building that implements various initiatives to reduce its environmental footprint, such as responsible sourcing, waste management, and community engagement. The Palais des Congrès is also located in the heart of downtown Montréal, close to many attractions, restaurants, and public transportation options. All the hotels that are part of the One Young World accommodation package are within walking distance from the Palais des congrès, making it highly sustainable and convenient for delegates to travel between venues.
About the Scholarship
In partnership with the China-United States Exchange Foundation, One Young World is launching the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024 to identify eight outstanding young leaders from all over the world. The Scholars will be selected based on their proven positive social impact in tackling global challenges such as climate change, poverty, gender equality and public health. The scholarship will enable eight impactful young leaders who are driving forward positive change to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
Scholars will receive
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal, Canada.
- Access to development opportunities.
- Lifetime membership to CUSEF and the One Young World Community.
- Access to monthly global calls designed to provide delegates with enhanced leadership skills and principles alongside expertise around the Summit’s main themes.
- Exclusive pre-Summit calls with the CUSEF Young Leaders.
- At the One Young World Summit 2024, CUSEF scholars will participate in an onstage panel and host a workshop.
- Private hotel accommodation at the Summit in Montreal from 18 – 21 September 2024.
- Return travel to Montreal (flights in economy).
- Ground transport to travel to the airport (if required).
- Catering throughout the Summit.
- Impact monitoring and tracking of projects.
- Promotion and visibility of the work on social media.
- Opportunity to act as a peer mentor for future cohorts of CUSEF Scholars.
- Aged between 18-30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting East-West exchanges.
- Have a proven track record for leadership.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering change.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in their work.
Application Deadline:31 January 2024