Bilkent University Scholarship in Turkey for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. studies | Fully funded
Bilkent in Brief
Bilkent University is recognized and ranked internationally as the premier institution of higher education in Turkey. Located in the country’s capital city Ankara, a vibrant metropolis of 4.5 million, the university serves as a hub of academic, social and cultural activity.
Bilkent University was founded in 1984 as Turkey’s first private, nonprofit institution of higher education. With world-renowned scholars on its faculty and excellent educational facilities throughout its campus, Bilkent today attracts many of Turkey’s brightest high school graduates. The university hosts over 13,000 students pursuing degrees in 34 undergraduate and 58 graduate programs.
Bilkent University prides itself on its truly international perspective. The medium of instruction at Bilkent is English, and its international community of scholars and students forms an essential component of the university’s academic and social life. International faculty and instructors make up more than a quarter of all academic staff, representing 34 different countries. There is a growing body of full-time international students and exchange students coming from 73 countries.
Bilkent University offers a lively cultural and social atmosphere. The 500-hectare campus is only 12 kilometers from the center of Ankara, with easy access to the city’s parks, shopping areas, cultural activities, museums, and entertainment venues. In addition, Bilkent’s location in the historically rich Anatolian heartland allows easy access to other cities, traditional villages, stunning landscapes, historic sites, and places of great cultural interest throughout the country.
Bilkent University has been ranked 46th in the 2017 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings and named as Turkey’s highest-ranked university in the latest Quacquarelli Symonds Graduate Employability Rankings for 2018. Chief among the factors that ensure a high standard of education at Bilkent is a faculty actively engaged in research. As mentors and instructors, they interact with students in modern classrooms and state-of-the-art laboratories, connected by an extensive computer and internet infrastructure.
Bilkent actively invests in new educational and research technologies. Undergraduates may take part in projects conducted in high-tech facilities ranging from nanotechnology centers to digital content creation and editing laboratories. To support its students’ academic success, Bilkent provides unlimited access to computer labs around the clock.
The Bilkent University Library is the most extensive academic library in the country. In addition to its large collection of books, the Library provides on-site and remote access to journals and databases to meet the scholarly needs of students and faculty.
Bilkent University provides a rich and diverse environment for learning and intellectual growth.
- University: Bilkent University
- Scholarship Level: Bachelors, Master, Ph.D
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: July 12, 2023
- Bilkent University Scholarship Duration
- Bachelor Scholarship: (4 years)
- Master Scholarships: (3 years)
- Ph.D. scholarship: (4 years)
FACULTY OF ART, DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Communication and Design
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Graphic Design
- Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
- Department of Urban Design and Landscape Architecture
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Department of Management
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, ADMINISTRATIVE AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Economics
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration
- Department of Psychology
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND LETTERS
- Department of American Culture and Literature
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Translation and Interpretation
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Department of Physics
FACULTY OF MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS
- Department of Music
FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
- Information Systems and Technologies
- Tourism and Hotel Management
Graduate School of Economics and Social Sciences
- Archeology (Master)
- Business Administration (MBA, Executive MBA, MA, PhD)
- Conference Interpreting (Master)
- Economics (Master’s, PhD)
- Energy Economics, Policy, and Security (EEPS) Program (Master)
- History (Master’s, PhD)
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design (Master’s, PhD)
- International Affairs and Public Policy (MIAPP)
- International Relations (MA, PhD)
- Media and Design (MFA)
- Media and Visual Studies (Master)
- Music (MA, PhD)
- Philosophy (MA, PhD)
- Political Science (MA, PhD)
- Psychology (Master’s, PhD)
- Turkish Literature (MA, PhD)
Graduate School of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching Methods (Master’s, Ph.D.)
- Curriculum and Teaching with Teaching Certificate (Master)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Master)
Graduate School of Engineering and Science
- Chemistry (Master’s, PhD)
- Computer Engineering (Master’s, PhD)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Master’s, PhD)
- Industrial Engineering (Master’s, PhD)
- Materials Science and Nanotechnology (Masters, PhD)
- Mathematics (Master’s, PhD)
- Mechanical Engineering (Master’s, PhD)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (Master’s, PhD)
- Neuroscience (Master’s, PhD)
- Physics (Master’s, PhD)
- 590/GE 690: Academic Practices
- GE 500: Research Methods and Ethics for Academic Publication
Bilkent University is offering fully funded scholarships for international students in Turkey for international students. This international scholarship will cover all expenses:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Monthly stipend and housing support (total 4.500 TL/month)
- Private health insurance
- meal card
- Travel support (once a year, for a fixed amount set annually) to attend science events
How to Apply?
This Fall Bilkent University welcomes you to join an exceptional learning environment that will fulfill your academic ambitions and desire to experience cultural diversity at its richest.
Apply now and become a member of a worldwide ranked university in Turkey that attracts the brightest students from all around the world with its renowned scholars and top-notch facilities.
2023-2024 academic year fall semester applications will be open between 1 February – 12 July 2023:
Bilkent University accepts international qualifications listed below and a wide range of national qualifications listed here for study in our undergraduate programs. These are the minimum qualifications required for application. Meeting these minimum qualifications does not guarantee admission to a program.
SAT (digital & paper-based):
Reasoning Test: A minimum score of 1000 out of 1600 in “Math” and “Critical Reading” sections.
Subject Test: A minimum score of 500 out of 800 from minimum two sections related to the applied program.
GCE Advanced Level (General Certificate Education),
Cambridge International A Level:
Minimum three A level subjects in particular area of the applied program with at least “C” grade.
For 5 (five) subjects:
a) 2 (two) A levels + 3 (three) O levels
b) 2 (two) A levels + 1 (one) AS level + 2 (two) O levels
For 4 (four) subjects:
a) 3 (three) A levels + 1 (one) O level
Please note that applications with predicted grades/results/scores will not be evaluated.
International Baccalaureate (IB):
A minimum diploma score of 28 out of 45. Mimimum one HL subject related to the applied program.
International Science Olympiads:
Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal holders in International Science Olympiads recognized by TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey)
Students who are admitted to the University will be asked to provide the original copies of all the documents submitted with their application. Bilkent University reserves the right to verify the validity of exam scores.