GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR EXCELLENT FOREIGN STUDENTS (EFS)
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT) is a semi-autonomous institute of technology established in 1992 within the University of Thammasat. It is located in Pathum Thani, Thailand. A research university in Thailand, it offers education in science, technology, and engineering, as well as related management programs.
Graduate Scholarship Program for Excellent Foreign Students (EFS) Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University
Scholarships by the Sirindhorn Technology Scholarship Fund are available for excellent students from reputable universities of any foreign country to study in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand. The scholarships are made available for the following research interests:
- Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/ Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Technology/ Management
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Management
- Industrial Engineering and Logistics Systems
- Digital Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering
- Management Technology
- Materials Engineering/ Science/Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Why you might choose the Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology SIIT
At SIIT, faculty, as well as students, come from different nationalities to enrich the campus with cultural diversity. Faculty members engage students in their research projects and provide the opportunity for them to contribute and provide their input. Moreover, foreign professors are invited for some courses.
The good news is that you can still apply if you do not have an English Proficiency Test. To apply, there is no application fee. This scholarship is available to pursue different master’s and doctoral degree programs. All degree programs are taught in English.
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (Thai: สถาบันเทคโนโลยีนานาชาติสิรินธร) (SIIT) is a semi-autonomous institute of technology established in 1992 within Thammasat University. It is located in Pathum Thani, Thailand. One of Thailand’s research universities, it offers science, technology, and engineering education, as well as related management programs. All are international programs, with the English language as a medium of instruction. The institute is part of the Links to Asia by Organizing Traineeship and Student Exchange network, an international consortium of universities in Europe and Asia.
Although it is an academic unit of Thammasat University and its graduates receive Thammasat University degrees, the institute is self-administered and -financed (similar to a ‘Deemed University in India.)
Since it is a research-focused academic institution, the academic year 2003 performance evaluation showed has the highest number of research publications (both in raw quantity and per graduate student heads) of any academic division in the university. In addition, a 2007 assessment of research publications by Thailand Research Fund put SIIT at the top of all engineering faculties in the kingdom in terms of equivalent international journal papers per faculty member and in terms of impact factor per faculty member.
Number of Scholarships:
20 Continuing Scholarships
For prospective students in the academic semester 2/2023 (January 2024) -Master’s degree (2-year curriculum)
Doctoral degree (3-year curriculum)
- Full SIIT tuition and educational support fees (full thesis support), excluding:
- TU Matriculation Fee (600 baht)
- TU Educational Support Fees (800 baht) [IT Service by TU] +55 baht [Group Insurance Fee] per semester)
- A living allowance of 10,000 baht per month
- Round trip economy travel expenses, the most direct route to and from Thailand and the recipient’s home country (actual expense, maximum 20,000 baht/student)
- Miscellaneous expenses such as visa fees, airport taxes, etc. (actual expenses, but not over 10,000 baht/student)
- Health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand
Scholarship recipients are required to stay at the SIIT dormitory for a period of at least 12 months.
- Must not be a Thai nationality.
- Excellent academic record (preferably ranked within the top 20 percent of the class)
- Meet qualifications of SIIT graduate program admissions
- Two strong recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must come from an academic instructor/advisor)
- Have good health and good conduct.
- Must not be a recipient of another type of scholarship.
Conditions to Continue the Scholarship:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.25 with no “F,” “U,” or “NP” grades. The maximum of one “W” grade throughout the curriculum in a transcript is allowed without scholarship termination under the conditions that the scholarship recipient is required to pay the full amount of tuition fee of the withdrawn subject before enrolling in the next semester and the re-enrollment fees for the course with “W” grade. Scholarship recipients must also pass all credits enrolled in each semester and must complete all the degree requirements within the time specified by the regulations. However, the scholarship recipient is allowed only once to not fulfill all of the thesis/doctoral dissertation credits enrolled in the semester.
- Make good progress in his/her master thesis/doctoral dissertation and report his/her progress every semester.
- Assist in the institute’s work for 30 hours per semester, focused primarily on exam proctoring for 24 hours, and laboratory supervision or tutoring courses for 6 hours.
Conditions After Graduation: Application Period:
Application Period: 1st-30th September 2023
Announcement of Successful Candidates: 10th November 2023
Should you have any inquiries about the scholarship program and admissions, please check for FAQS by visiting our website at www.siit.tu.ac.th, or please directly contact Ms. Sirikanya Kaewthep by email: [email protected].
Remark: The final decision will be made by the SUIT Executive Commitee SIIT reserves the right to change or modify the policy without prior notice
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT) offers undergraduate and graduate programs (master and doctoral levels) leading to the Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). The bachelor degree is offered in the following areas: chemical engineering (ChE), civil engineering (CE), computer engineering (CPE), digital engineering (DE), electrical engineering (EE), engineering management (EM), industrial engineering (IE), management technology (MT), and mechanical engineering (ME).
SIIT offers three master of engineering programs, namely, Master of Engineering Program in Engineering Technology, Master of Engineering Program in Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems, and Master of Engineering Program in Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering. It also offers a Master of Science Program in Engineering and Technology and Doctor of Philosophy Program in Engineering and Technology.
At the present time, the Institute has established both faculty member and student exchange programs with a number of universities in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America. These programs allow not only faculty members to collaborate with their counterparts in research projects, but also students to have an opportunity to take courses at those universities. Additionally, invitations to visit and teach SIIT courses are regularly extended to qualified foreign professors under such programs.
The Institute, headed by the Director, consists of administrative divisions, a library and information services center, five academic schools, and the Department of Common and Graduate Studies (CGS).
Operations of SIIT are carried out at two locations: Rangsit Campus (at the Rangsit Center of Thammasat University) and Bangkadi Campus (at Bangkadi Industrial Park).
Study in Thailand
Thailand is a great choice for international study due to famous Thai people’s friendliness and hospitality and the country’s rich culture and economic development. With a fascinating combination of tradition and modernism, and exotic scenery, Thailand welcomes more than 20,000 international students each year.
Find the best information about what it’s like to study in Bangkok, including degree course offers, career opportunities, student life, living costs, and more.
Tertiary education in Thailand is offered at universities, institutes of technology (known as the Rajamangala Institute), vocational and technical colleges, teachers’ colleges (known as the Rajabhat Institute), and other professional colleges such as nursing colleges, and police and military academies.
The standard duration of study for most Bachelor’s degree programs is four years, except for Architecture, Art, Graphic Art, and Pharmacy which requires five years of study. Basic training in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine lasts six years of study.
The academic year is made up of two semesters, June to October and November to March, and a summer session from April to May. However, some Thai universities have adopted different start and end dates for their semesters to correlate with the other school systems, like the ones from U.S. or Europe.
Why study in Thailand
1. Tuition fees are low
For those of you planning to study at a public university in Thailand, you should know that tuition fees usually range between 1,600 and 2,500 EUR per year. Of course, there are exceptions, and you should expect much higher fees at private universities.
2. Enjoy beautiful weather and golden beaches
We cannot make a list with the best reasons to study in Thailand without talking about its wonderful tropical climate and beaches. What’s there left to say?! After classes or during weekends, you can always take your friends, grab your swimming suits, and have fun at the seaside. Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
3. Explore jaw-dropping landmarks and sites
If you think Thai beaches are attractive, then you’ll love this: there are various other places where you can reconnect with nature and enjoy its beauty. Here are a few top attractions we recommend: the Similan Islands, the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, the Erawan National Park, the Erawan Falls, the Khao Sok National Park, the Doi Inthanon National Park, etc.
For human-made wonders, check out the Grand Palace, the Wat Arun Ratchawararam temple, the Wat Phra Kaew shrine, the White Temple, and so on.
4. Discover the “Land of Smiles”
The “Land of Smiles” is one of the (cute) nicknames used to refer to Thailand. It originates from Thai people’s natural hospitality and friendliness towards internationals and other people in general. You’ll discover this genuine light-heart feeling as soon as you arrive.
Universities, colleges and schools in Thailand
- Mahidol University (7 Bachelors)
- Chulalongkorn University (16 Bachelors)
- Thammasat University (7 Bachelors)
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (4 Bachelors)
Chiang Mai (1)
- Colbs Institute of International Management (1 Bachelor)
Chiang Rai (1)
- Mae Fah Luang (27 Bachelors)
Hat Yai (1)
- Prince of Songkla University (2 Bachelors)
Maha Sarakham (1)
- Mahasarakham University (3 Bachelors)
Pathum Thani (2)
- Rangsit University (4 Bachelors)
- Thammasat University (7 Bachelors)
- Naresuan University (1 Bachelor)
Your chance to enroll in US EMBASSY English Language COURSES